- Random drug-testing is used by corporations, drug rehab centers, prisons, the military, police and fire departments, government agencies, and schools.
- This method of drug testing serves as a risk deterrence, as the threat of detection is much higher than other testing methods.
- The goal of random drug testing is to discourage drug use within a work environment.
- Random testing is more likely to catch marijuana users, since it has a longer duration in the body than those of other drugs.
- Pre-employment drug testing is the most common type of drug test used by businesses.
- It is the least expensive type of testing, since the company only pays for one test per employee.
- Most pre-employment drug testing is urine-based which can run the risk of adulteration or substitution, but is cheapest option.
- Pre-employment testing is a good preemptive measure to ensure a drug-free workforce, but further testing is recommended as a deterrent against a developing drug problem.
- The point of this test is to protect the company from liability in the event that the individual is under the influence at the time of the accident.
- If drugs or alcohol are detected, the argument can be made in court that the individual was intoxicated on the job, and therefore the company should not be held liable for injuries sustained by the employee.
- This argument can only be made with blood or oral fluid/saliva tests. Urine, hair, or sweat-based testing can only detect past drug use.
- If an employee shows up for Work intoxicated, has alcohol on his or her breath, or appears to be impaired in some other way, these tests can protect your company from litigation.
- Blood testing is the only legally defensible means for detecting drug use after an incident, although saliva testing is gaining acceptance
- This type of testing is a confirmation method for employers that suspect an employee of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on the job.
- If a supervisor suspects an employee of being under the influence and has appropriate evidence or has been certified in Rapid Eye behavioral examination, the suspected employee should be driven by an employer representative to and from the testing facility for safety.
- On-Premise provides reliable testing methods for court ordered drug and alcohol testing.
- Custody cases often require tests tailored to specific situations and accusations, On-Premise offers comprehensive testing methods, legitimate collections, and timely reporting.
- On-Premise also provides expert witness services when requested by the court.
On-Premise Solutions offers all major drug-testing methodologies including:
Want to learn more about alcohol consumption and its affect on your body? Check out the calculator below. Remember, DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
1144-A Lenoir Rhyne Blvd. SE
Hickory, NC 28602
Available 24/7 1564 Asheville Highway
Spartanburg, SC 29303
Available 24/7 207 10th Street
N. Wilkesboro, NC 28659